Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love snowmen!


I love snowmen! Seriously, they are so dang cute! I could use them all year as decoration but I think my husband already questions my sanity and I don't want to scare him away ;).
These little guys really were so easy! I took strips of white tissue paper and mod podged them on to empty canning jars. Any empty jar would work. After I got the strips on I put a layer of Mod podge over the top to seal it and took the rounded tip of a paint brush and did the eyes and mouth. I also painted the rim black.  My kids each did one with me, but I think they were a little too messy for their skill level (7 and 5). I think these would be cute either filled with goodies, or just as deocoration like I have them. I want to try to stick some Christmas lights in them and see how they look, what do you think? I am linking up to thrifty decor chick
linking up hereThe DIY Show Off
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!

lil luna link  party button

3 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are really cute, Tami! I love the different shapes and sizes. Christmas lights might be too much light for them, but a battery powered tealight would be perfect!

Megan said...

so cute! I did some halloween jars like this that I had seen on notsoidlehands, I never even thought of snowmen, they turned out SO cute! Love them! Your fridge is getting the most compliments out of everything I featured the other day on CrazyDomestic! People are loving it!

tami said...

Megan, I know, my hubby and I had a really good laugh over that! Oh well, I am glad people like it!

Post a Comment

I love comments!