Thursday, June 23, 2011

Putting the kidlets to work!


Ok, parents, its that time of year again!  Summer break... sometimes fun, sometimes frustrating, and all to often a little bit boring!  At least it gets that way at my house.  I don't know why they are so bored, but I am tired of hearing those dreaded words: "there is nothing to do!"  So in comes my summer plan to beat the boredom and make my kids my slaves have a clean house doing it!
My hubby came up with the idea of a chore chart with a small incentive.  I have never been one to believe that kids should be paid an allowance for doing chores.  They live here too, so why should they get paid is my philosophy.  It was time to cave give in and give it a try at least.  It isn't much, just a quarter a day for getting their chores done, and if they do it on all 6 mandatory days a whopping $2!  (they are still young so it works for us).  Clayton suggested something simple, something easy, something boring.  But I had big plans and was going to put Chloe to work to make it happen.  Chloe is what I named my Silhouette by the way, so she was going to get it done!  I wish I could say that I stuck with the extravagant, adorable ideas I came up with, but I didn't.  I went easy and cheap because I already had everything on hand for this one!  I love when that happens!  So, it may be simple, but I am loving it!

I took a piece of foamboard I bought months ago at the dollar store, some ribbon, hot glue, vinyl, clothes pins, scrapbook paper, mod podge, distressing ink (which I may or may not have gone a little crazy with) and most important, Chloe.
The foam board was huge and since I only have 3 kidlets, I cut a piece off.  I would say it was about a third. 
Its pretty self explanatory by the pics, but I have to point out that everything was cut using my Silhouette.  I measured my clothes pins, and created a sheet of rectangles that size for the cover for them and them just mod podged them on.  So simple! The circles were also cut by the Silhouette.  I  just put the sheet of them through the Silhouette with the ink pen in and my chosen font because my hand writing is not so cute.  I have to say that I love it.  It is simple, but gets the job done and is easy for the kids to understand also.  Now lets hope that their enthusiasm lasts longer than a couple days!

1 comment:

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Smart! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy

Post a Comment

I love comments!